Metro’s 3-year-old son, who was going swimming with family friends, was found at the bottom of the pool with his towel. One friend started CPR – or the closest thing he knew predicated on what he’d seen on TV – on Clay’s blue, lifeless body. Paramedics came and got Clay’s heart beating again.
Drowning is the third-leading cause of unintentional injury loss of life worldwide, accounting for 7 percent of most injury-related deaths, according to the World Health Organization. The agency estimates there are 360,000 annual drowning deaths worldwide. Dr. Michael Sayre, a professor of emergency medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle. After Clay’s recovery, Metro founded a nonprofit called CPR Party, using the style of at-home shopping celebrations to encourage people to teach and learn CPR.
- 4 years back from Topeka, KS
- Craft an Exit Strategy
- Benchmarks specific to your marketing campaign and promotion goals
- Select the Bluetooth headset and press the “Default” button
- Social Media Is…Well…Social
- Where can people find you and/your products
- Get gone Adware and Spyware
About one in five people who die from drowning are 14 years old or younger, based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And for every young child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for nonfatal injuries, including brain damage often. The numbers are particularly discouraging, experts say, because oftentimes, drowning is preventable. Adam Katchmarchi, professional director of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance. On its website, the NDPA stresses what it calls “layers of protection,” including swimmer training, service protection, and parental obligations designed to prevent drowning. Drowning can happen and silently quickly, without warning, Katchmarchi said.
The “Add hardware” icon is only available in OR WINDOWS 7 and prior versions of Windows. Drivers have been Onceinstalled, reboot the computer. Open Windows Device Manager. 1. In the Device Manager, locate these devices you want to update. 2. Right-click the device and click Properties. 3. In the home window, click the Driver tab.
4. Click on the Update Driver button. 5. In the Hardware Update Wizard, point Windows to the location of the up to date driver data files on your hard drive. Once motorists have been installed, reboot the computer. Finally, if the above-mentioned suggestions do not work, the installation instructions for drivers and hardware devices are always contained in a .inf file that is located in the driver documents.
Locate the .inf file for your version of Windows. Right-click that document and choose the option for install. Be sure you are installing the correct .inf file and not an .inf file for another device or for a different version of Windows. You have right-clicked and installed the driver Once, reboot the computer.