How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through entering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.