How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.