How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.