How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.